Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Love (age 13)

how could a tiny word mean so much?
is it said out loud or felt with a touch?
when someone says “I love you”,
how do you know it is true?
why do people play this game
if it only ends in hurt and pain?


if my heart really did break
how would I fix my mistake?
am I supposed to just get up again?
pretend that I’m happy to lose a friend?
laugh as I witness their last escape
and then in silence sit and wait?


for something better or something new
and just forget everything about you?
let myself be attached by the heart
just so I can be slashed apart?
let the part of me that knows best
be turned into a bruised piece of flesh?


no, I couldn’t take that risk
because I know that I’ll miss
I know that I’ll crash hard
because I never keep up my guard
maybe I could try to come prepared
so I won’t end up scratched and teared


I’ll come hands in fists ready to fight
because love is not going to ruin my life
but love is masked with innocence
evil can slip by without giving hints
a boy smiled at me the other day
should I have smiled back or ran away?


some say love is a nasty game
a wild beast you must try to tame
fairy tales end with happily ever afters
movies suggest only love matters
but I’m not an actor or a princess
what are the answers to this love mess?

No comments:

Post a Comment