Friday, March 4, 2016

4.003 grams

incest, assault, molested… MOLEsted
there are 4.003 grams
in one mole of Helium
Helium is a noble gas
it does not react easily to other elements
Helium floats in air
because it is less dense than
oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitro-
when it happened
I wanted to float away
become less dense than
the air around me
adopt the principles of a noble gas
not react easily, inert
let it happen because this too will pass
Helium.
colorless, odorless, non-toxic
no one knows it’s there
no one knew I was there either
maybe Helium & I have more
in common than we know
silent. distant.
can’t let anybody/electrons in
I meant to say electrons
Helium can’t let any electrons in
there’s no room
Helium still has its past packed away
in moving boxes that don’t move
taking up space in the living room
Helium doesn’t need anyone anyway
Helium’s too full.

No comments:

Post a Comment